お知らせ

I-HoP : My journey from a PhD student at Hokkaido University to a postdoctoral research fellow in the USA (8/31)

Transferable Skills Seminar – I-HoP : My journey from a PhD student at Hokkaido University to a postdoctoral research fellow in the USA (8/31) –

This transferable skills seminar is targeted Hokkaido University current DC, PD and MC. This seminar will be conducted in English.

This is the alumni lecture from the USA!!
The lecturer, Nour Shobaki, PharmD, PhD gave a message as follows.
Do not miss this special opportunity to hear her lecture.

“I will present my personal story from pursuing my PhD at Hokkaido University to being a postdoctoral research fellow in the USA. I will share with you some of the challenges that I encountered during my journey, and how I obtained fulfilling scientific positions, lessons I learned throughout the journey, and advice and pointers for the students who would like to take a similar career path.”

■ Outline
-My career path and personal story
-Challenges, triumphs, and lessons learned
-Steps in job hunting for postdoc positions abroad
-Take home message and pointers for the students who would like to work broad after graduation
-Q&A session

■ Seminar date
8/31(Tue.) 9:00-10:30 (JST) Online
*Live from the USA

■ Lecturer
Nour Shobaki, PharmD, PhD
Post-doctoral Fellow in Immuno-Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC

2013 PharmD, Clinical Pharmacy, An-Najah National University
2016 MS, Pharmaceutical Science, Hokkaido University
2019 PhD, Pharmaceutical Science, Hokkaido University
2019-2020 Post-doctoral Fellow in immuno-oncology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
2020-present Post-doctoral Fellow in immuno-oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center

Nour Shobaki PharmD, PhD, is an immuno-oncology postdoctoral fellow at the Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington D.C. A native of Nablus, Palestine, she first trained as a clinical pharmacist and obtained her PharmD degree at An-Najah National University. Upon graduation, she was awarded a MEXT scholarship from the Government of Japan to pursue her master’s degree in pharmaceutical science at Hokkaido University. Dr. Shobaki went on to earn her PhD in pharmaceutical science at Hokkaido University where she focused on developing drug delivery systems (e.g. lipid nanoparticles) to target macrophages for cancer immunotherapy. As a graduate student at Hokkaido University, she was selected among five PhD students from Hokkaido University through the I-HoP program to give a presentation of her research topic and business plan to the corporate laboratories and venture accelerators in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, CA. Dr. Shobaki won several presentation awards at international conferences.

For her postdoctoral work, Dr. Shobaki joined the Rongvaux laboratory at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, Washington, USA where she studied tumor macrophages in humanized mice models. She next joined the Jeanie and Tony Loop Laboratory for Immuno-Oncology at Georgetown University Medical Center where she currently works on studying T cells in the tumor-microenvironment aiming to improve T-cell based cancer immunotherapy.

■ Target
Hokkaido University DC,PD and MC

■ Registration
By 8/25 (Wed.) 16:00

■ Maximum number of participants

■How to apply from Hi-System
Click on the following banner, then click “Apply” on the bottom of the page.

*You need to be registered on Hi-System in advance.
If you are not, please go to Hi-System page in Front Office for Human Resource Education and Development homepage and register in Hi-System.
:For more details
Hi-System→