Event Information

My journey from a PhD student at Hokkaido University to a postdoctoral research fellow in CANADA

– I-HoP : My journey from a PhD student at Hokkaido University to a postdoctoral research fellow in CANADA (8/2) –

This transferable skills seminar is targeted Hokkaido University current DC, PD and MC. Seminar will be conducted in English.

This is the alumni lecture from CANADA!!

Do not miss this special opportunity.

■ Outline

-Career path and personal story

-What I did for job hunting for postdoc positions abroad

-Take home message and pointers for the students who would like to work abroad after graduation

■ Seminar date

8/2(Tue.) 11:00-12:00 (JST) Online

*Live from CANADA

■ Lecturer

MD AL IMRAN, Ph.D

Post-doctoral Fellow

The University of British Columbia, Canada

2022-Present, Post-doctoral Fellow at The University of British Columbia, Canada

2021 Ph.D., Sustainable Resources Engineering, Hokkaido University

2018 MS, Sustainable Resources Engineering, Hokkaido University

2014 MS, Environmental Science, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh

2011 B.Sc.Ag., Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh

MD AL IMRAN, Ph.D., is a postdoctoral fellow at The University of British Columbia, Canada. His research focused on nature based sustainable approach for mine waste stabilization.

Upon graduation, he was awarded a MEXT scholarship (2016-2018) from the Government of Japan to pursue his master’s degree in Sustainable Resources Engineering at Hokkaido University.
During his study he was also awarded with best student award from his division in 2018. Dr. Imran went on to earn his Ph.D. in from the same division at Hokkaido University where he focused on soil and/or ground improvement using biocementation technology. As a recognition he was also awarded with KUBOTA grant and Mitsubishi scholarship.

For more details about Dr. Imran please visit :
Md Al Imran
LinkedIn

■ Target

Hokkaido University DC,PD and MC

■How to apply from Hi-System
Click on the following banner, then click “Apply” on the bottom of the page.

*You need to be registered on Hi-System in advance.
If you are not, please go to Hi-System page in Front Office for Human Resource Education and Development homepage and register in Hi-System.
:For more details
Hi-System→

■ Registration

By 7/26 (Tue.) 16:00

■ Maximum number of participants